Say Goodbye to Your iPad When the Battery Fails

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, £30 for a battery and £5 for a tool to open them device most people really don't investigate other alternatives anymore.

"This service fee is later detailed as $99, plus $6.95 shipping. The total cost being $105.95 per unit.

Apple goes on to say that any data on the iPad you send in, will be lost.

"No. You will receive a replacement iPad that will not contain any of your personal data. Before you submit your iPad for service, it is important to sync your iPad with iTunes to back up your contacts, calendars, email account settings, bookmarks, apps, etc. Apple is not responsible for the loss of information when servicing your iPad.""

Fail, I will never by an iPad.

Hey, paying $105 for a brand new iPad after a battery failure is worth it to me.. the data should be backed up on your computer anyway :tongue:

The iPad and Macbook Pro batterys are outstanding. The advanced chemistry and innovative design of the battery is impressive to me. I understand that in order to achieve 10 hours of batter life in a device that's so light, thin and attractive, the housing needs to be sealed.

You could argue that apple should allow the enclosure to be removed so that the battery can be replaced more cost effectively. However, if these devices did have this feature, they wouldn't be as attractive, and apple's products are all about image. This is the Brand's reputation.

Steve Job is a businessman, so I understand that he has a business model at the end of the day. But I don't think he is trying to get an extra buck out of people by sealing the battery in the device.

The iPad and Macbook Pro batterys are outstanding. The advanced chemistry and innovative design of the battery is impressive to me. I understand that in order to achieve 10 hours of batter life in a device that's so light, thin and attractive, the housing needs to be sealed.

You could argue that apple should allow the enclosure to be removed so that the battery can be replaced more cost effectively. However, if these devices did have this feature, they wouldn't be as attractive, and apple's products are all about image. This is the Brand's reputation.

The batteries you will find in a MacBook or the new iPad are not like the normal batteries you'd find in an equivalent product from say Dell or Lenovo. They tend to be of a higher grade and last a lot longer - the result of this is that Apples batteries therefore cost more. You will also find that Apples batteries last a lot longer than other manufacturers ones - typically a 'standard' laptop battery will last around 12-18 months before you start to notice it's not lasting as long as it should. Apples duty cycle for its laptop batteries is at least twice this long, so with Apple it's not just an ordinary battery you're getting.

One of the reasons Apple products have become so popular over the last few years is because of image so I agree with you on that one and one of the other things Apple is actually good at and that is making a profit. The likes of Dell tend to be concerned about increasing and maintaining their share price. An IT Manager I know just brought 2 £800 Dell laptops for £1 each as his contact at Dell needed to meet his quota for the month!

The batteries you will find in a MacBook or the new iPad are not like the normal batteries you'd find in an equivalent product from say Dell or Lenovo. They tend to be of a higher grade and last a lot longer - the result of this is that Apples batteries therefore cost more. You will also find that Apples batteries last a lot longer than other manufacturers ones - typically a 'standard' laptop battery will last around 12-18 months before you start to notice it's not lasting as long as it should. Apples duty cycle for its laptop batteries is at least twice this long, so with Apple it's not just an ordinary battery you're getting.

One of the reasons Apple products have become so popular over the last few years is because of image so I agree with you on that one and one of the other things Apple is actually good at and that is making a profit. The likes of Dell tend to be concerned about increasing and maintaining their share price. An IT Manager I know just brought 2 £800 Dell laptops for £1 each as his contact at Dell needed to meet his quota for the month!

my ipod's battery starting pooping out after like 6 months lol...I think your info is bad :p

my ipod's battery starting pooping out after like 6 months lol...I think your info is bad :p

I'm afraid I don't know what the duty cycle is for an iPod only Laptops I'm afraid.

For example the 13" MacBook has a battery that lasts around 5-6 hours using a lithium-polymer battery and a Lenovo T500 comes with a Lithium-Ion battery that lasts around 3-4 hours (in my personal experience of using them it's a bit less than that).

The latest batteries that come with MacBooks tend to have a Duty Cycle of being able to be "recharged up to 1000 times — nearly three times the lifespan of typical notebook batteries".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom