Samsung s8300 (Tocco) to MAC connection problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShatteredPeak

Beta member
Hi all,

MAC newcomer here so please be gentle :)

Trying to connect a Samsung S8300 to a MAC via data lead to a MAC but it is not being recognised by the MAC at all.

Only problem is that the screen on the Tocco is blank and will not display at all so not sure if it's waiting for something to be pressed on the phone itself, so that kind of rules out Bluetooth etc etc...

Desperately need to get photos & videos off the phone before it goes back to be repaired for the screen.

Any advice gratefully received! :)

IF memory serves me correctly you have to select what option you want on the phone either Data transfair or Charge, what mac do you have because if you have a SD card slot you might be in luck and get it off that way.

I was kind of thinking the same thing as my HTC does that when it's connected. Nuts, and it's a MAC mini so no slot option either.

Not sure but the father in law may have a card reader so may have to try that.

Thanks for the reply :)

Do you have anything set on top of your Mac Mini? The antennas for the Mac Mini are on top so if you set anything set on top of your Mac Mini it can interfere with the signal.

This is not a signal reception issue, the guy is trying to get data of his phone before sending it back for a screen replacement.

Opps I misread his post, I thought he was searching for something using bluetooth and couldn't find the Mac Mini because something was wrong with the Mac Mini and that's what ruled out bluetooth.

As for getting the Data off the phone I'd say use a MicroSD converter to SD then plug the SD card in the back of your Mac Mini because the newer ones do have SD card slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom