Safari Troubles

triplettomy

In Runtime
Hi,

Writing this for a friend.... Her safari when you open it, opens with like 12 + tabs and it will let me close it but just a pain that every time I open safari it opens. How do I fix this. Apple wants me to erase the computer and I don't have a recent backup. Is there a file I can delete to reset safari except keep my bookmarks?

Have you checked to see what pages it's set to open when it starts?

Safari > Preferences > General

There you'll find the homepage settings. If there are multiple pages, just delete whatever pages you don't want to open (or all of them).

I agree with the above, you may have clicked something on each of those pages to make them your homepage and you now have a list of 12 in your settings.

Would it help just to reset the homepage to a different one to see if that it set? Just thought of that but never checked if this is the homepage setting problem.

Would it help just to reset the homepage to a different one to see if that it set? Just thought of that but never checked if this is the homepage setting problem.

It wouldn't be a bad idea, it's better than having to reset your whole computer. Another option is to download and use a different browser, such as Chrome or Firefox.

I recommend trying everyone's advice. That's everything I think you can really do to help. If none of it works, just get another browser.

I hope the problem is solved by now. If not, just as the previous poster said, I would switch to a new browser. I was also using Safari before and then I decided to switch. Here is a good comparison of the different browsers and what they are best for. I would most recommend mozilla firefox.

Back
Top Bottom