Right On!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Can I rebuild my desktop in OSx, i have thried the key commands but it doesnt work.

ADZ said:
OK, Can I rebuild my desktop in OSx, i have thried the key commands but it doesnt work.

As far as I know, OSX isnt like OS9 in that respect.

Upon further research, I found that the feature was removed from OSX.

Cool, thanks! Also, I have created a new account on OS9 and i have set it to the highest privelages possible, I cant do anything tho. I have created a new account on top of that to make sure i ddnt skrew anything up, but the other new account has the same issue. Any suggestions?

ADZ said:
Cool, thanks! Also, I have created a new account on OS9 and i have set it to the highest privelages possible, I cant do anything tho. I have created a new account on top of that to make sure i ddnt skrew anything up, but the other new account has the same issue. Any suggestions?

if you dont have to, dont make accounts in OS9. Thats my suggestion.

ADZ said:
Mind if I ask why?

because OS9 doesnt like it. It wasnt really designed to be a multiuser OS, at least with files being passed between user partitions. Just a ton of problems seem to come from OS9 when you introduce more than once main user (sys admin level) or overlap privliages. OS9 has a lot of problems, period. OSX doesnt allow this (>1 sys admin) and allows user creation to be seamless, with only one system admin and varying levels of access for the other levels.

Remember Windows 98? How bad that was with multiusers? OS X somewhat introduced the multiuser thing much like Windows XP did to the Windows World.

qiranworms said:
Remember Windows 98? How bad that was with multiusers? OS X somewhat introduced the multiuser thing much like Windows XP did to the Windows World.

Exactly. Good connetion, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom