Redesigned Mac Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOULphIRE, I assume your ordering those five for work. What type of applications are you using them for?

The design and manufacturing look incredible, but I'm curious to see how these things perform in real world conditions. I have my reservations about how good the wireless reception will be and how hot these little ones will get (think how hot a time capsule gets).

But if it all works, I think they would make incredible office desktops's and my main interest would be as servers for a SME.

If I cold format it and install 7 naively I might consider this for my mom. Otherwise, no.

EDIT: Just noticed the price. Jobs must be hitting the morphine again as there's no way I would pay $700 for that thing. I could build her a really nice SFF for less that would eat that paperweight for lunch.

Install 7 'naively' hey? :p rofl

koinonas, 4 will be for work and one will be for my house. The 4 for work will be used for people like Customer Service, Accountants, receptionists, etc. basically people who need a workstation but only browse, use word, email and other low-intensity tasks.
The one at home will be replacing my current HTPC.

Very cool redesign, but it doesn't have enough of what I really would want.

I am a owner of the Late 2009 Mac Mini. The design of the 2010 Mac Mini totally overpowers the 2009 one. However, there arn't alot of new features in the 2010 Mac Mini that I would really need. Yes, the ability to edit your ram is kind of cool, but I really don't need that feature. HDMI port I don't need because I don't hook up my computer to my TV, and because there isn't a Processor Upgrade, Its just really a Design Edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom