Real PowerPC Emulators?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeTheOdd

Baseband Member
Arround a year ago, I was messing arround with emulators a lot. I was under the asumption that, as many seemed to believe at that time, that the PowerPC archtitecture was to complex to emulate, and it never was.

Well, that was a year ago, and even then there were a few rumors going arround that the PowerPC processor had been emulated. Back then, I had about zero knoledge of the command line, and was 100% unsuccessful at trying Bochs to see if it worked. I assume it has been emulated by now, so does anyone know of any good, stable emulators for the PowerPC? (Host: x86 - Windows; Guest: PPC - MacOS X)

The only one i know of that shows any promise at all is PearPC, however it is in its very early stages of development and thus does not run quite as well as it will when its done (running at all is all we can really expect at the moment from such a thing at its current stage of development...)

But emulating different architechtures make your computer really slow. Regular applications don't run as fast.

Does anyone know how I'd ISO a MacOS 9 CD and keep it bootable? I tried in my PC, and it couldn't read it. Then I tried in my Mac, but Apple's will to not go with the standards hit me there (DMG = Eww.)

emeraldice said:
But emulating different architechtures make your computer really slow. Regular applications don't run as fast.

PearPC is apparently at about 80% of the desired 1:1 ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom