RavMonE Virus Comes With New iPod 30gb!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
That's a problem with the game developers, not the operating system or the hardware. ;)

Get a clue, I still don't care and I still don't want to use Windows.

So what if a piece of hardware that I don't want to buy had a 1% chance to come with a virus that effects an operating system that I don't use?

The game developers donÂ’t want to use Mac because all of them hate it. If they ever decide to switch, its for a financial reason, not because the develops want to.

I donÂ’t care if you want to, IÂ’m explaining my reasons to use it... Like you are explaining yours to use OSX 10.

And its not about you, its about a whole population. Do you just care about yourself?

If 1 in every 100 people that got a blood transfusion got aids because of the incompetence of the blood company, would you be angry?

mac_mogul said:
Actually, it shows that Windows runs better on Macs than PC's
There's no way you would be able to compare Windows on a Mac to OS X on a Mac unless YOU have some sort of underground black market benchmarking program that does this...

Dude, sell all of your computers and just buy a bad-rear ended MacPro so you can stop whining about it. The MacPro will completely OBLITERATE your other computers.

Windows runs better than OSX 10 on mac hardware. ItÂ’s proven, look it up.

The way they did it is by seeing how different programs worked on each system.

Like this.

Mac OSX 10 | Windows XP
Doom 3 XXfps | YYfps
Photo Shop XXsec. | YYsec.

If you really want ill scan the whole artical

Go ahead and scan it. Every study has a flaw, this one fatal. They were comparing Windows apps, running natively, to OS X apps, running in Rosetta, which is just PPC emulation. Now, if you can't reason why something running in emulation doesn't run as fast as something native, perhaps you should go back and take BCIS I.

The game developers donÂ’t want to use Mac because all of them hate it. If they ever decide to switch, its for a financial reason, not because the develops want to.
Game developers develop for Windows because DirectX has a virtual monopoly on the market. When Jobs temporarily aligned Apple with M$ in the late 90's to help Apple get back on its feet, he decided not to pursue a Mac version of DirectX, as he felt computing was shying away from gaming and more toward "performance" apps.

Obviously that was a mistake, but if you want to choose your truths, choose them carefully, as we're able to see thru more of them than you might think.

I don't know what you are talking about, as this only effected 1% of iPod videos purchased for about two weeks at MOST, and on top of that it only infects Windows.

You act like 1 in 100 people in the world got a virus because of this.

Well, for 1, not everyone has a computer, not everyone uses Windows, and not everyone bought an iPod video in that period of time, and not everyone has an unprotected Windows system that got infected.

I would bet that only about 15 people were effected by this. You didn't get infected, that, sir, is made up.

The General said:
I don't know what you are talking about, as this only effected 1% of iPod videos purchased for about two weeks at MOST, and on top of that it only infects Windows.

You act like 1 in 100 people in the world got a virus because of this.

Well, for 1, not everyone has a computer, not everyone uses Windows, and not everyone bought an iPod video in that period of time, and not everyone has an unprotected Windows system that got infected.

I would bet that only about 15 people were effected by this. You didn't get infected, that, sir, is made up.

yes i did, i also gave it to 3 of my friends via flash drive because the ravmone virus adds its self to any added drives

I can even tell you what happends with it

all these jap popups come up and stuff also look here and when i posted the thread

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126208

Most all tech people Ive met and what not dont like mac

I do like mac, im just angry that a company that has been so reliable screwed me over then blames someone else.

I feel over whelmed here becasue everyone here likes mac, it would be different in the windows section

also what about the emulation thing?

Most tech people I've met don't like Mac, however they haven't used OS X and are still stuck in the OS 7/8/9 mindset. The ones I know who HAVE tried it are hooked.

Emulation is the act of simulating one type of computer on another type of computer. This is necessary for all the old PPC Mac software that needs to be run on the new Intel Macs.

macdude425 said:
Most tech people I've met don't like Mac, however they haven't used OS X and are still stuck in the OS 7/8/9 mindset. The ones I know who HAVE tried it are hooked.

Emulation is the act of simulating one type of computer on another type of computer. This is necessary for all the old PPC Mac software that needs to be run on the new Intel Macs.

The ones i have met (the ones at my school in particulare) have used my mac and still dont like it

they cant do the same things that they have always liked to do

so the new mac are running slower?

The General said:
Running slower? What are you talking about? lol

He said the new macs need to use emulators

so if they didnt uses a emulator, it would run faster??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom