Quick question about Tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Sniper*

Fully Optimized
yea i have a quick question to see if something is wrong here or not. A neibor of mine just got tiger tried to install but didnt. So i tried to take a look and it would not do it.. So my question is does tiger need a cd-key to upgrade from panther? Cause his did not come with one in the box. I would like to know if it jsut does it or not so if needed i can just take it back to compusa and get another one. Oh one more thing i know his apple is able to run tiger but what would happen if it lags and one need to down grade back to panther and doesnt have the cd for it can one be able to take tiger out and have panther back or is that not possible?

It shouldn't need a CD key...

I don't think you can downgrade from versions of OS X like you can in Windows. Just look at his system specs, and make the best judged decision you can on whether or not he should upgrade to Panther, or if he needs more RAM, etc. before he does.

EDIT: I meant Tiger, not Panther :mad:

Ok thanks for telling me so it shouldn't need a key ok then ill tell him to go and exchange to get a new one since his is messed up. and ill check his specs to see if he should just stay at Panther or go with Tiger :) thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom