Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
the general said:
you have to reboot twice a month? whatever OS you're running you should reboot at least once a week. i try to reboot every 4 days, my ET server reboots every day at 5am

why? you shouldnt have to reboot ever unless you make a hardware change

see thts wat i was thinkin, untill my windows media player was talking to me in spanish, and my my cd- rw and my dvd-rw weren't even on my computer screen, then it said my soundcard wasnt in, so i opened it took out my sound card cleaned it, turn my pc up and my desktop is gone... WTF???

horndude said:
why? you shouldnt have to reboot ever unless you make a hardware change

not necessarily to prevent damage, because leaving your computer on too long wont cause damage, i just like to make sure its not running for 6 months at a time without a break. perhaps its pointless, but i do it anyway.

Lol, I probably restart/shut down/start up my Mac only when the battery dies (not by choice lol), or when I have to do software update, which isn't often.

I can't express to you how solid Mac's are, I've dropped mine off the bed at least four times, and down the stairs twice. Sure there's a nice sized dent on the bottom right side of it, but everything remains fully functional. And that's just getting into the physical stuff ...

i just need mine for travling and everyday use for music making, and play World of warcraft once awhile..... so im gonna get to lookin and by next month i hope i'll get my Mac, and illl let u guys know.... thnx for all the info and tips guys... good luck..

RoyDee said:
i just need mine for travling and everyday use for music making, and play World of warcraft once awhile..... so im gonna get to lookin and by next month i hope i'll get my Mac, and illl let u guys know.... thnx for all the info and tips guys... good luck..

For WOW you will Need a PowerBook G4 for decent gameplay, not because of the processor, but because of the video card. iBooks only use a 32mb card. PowerBooks use 64mb and larger.

yea i thnx for reminding me... but im not really into the games zone, ill get a ps3 or xbox360 for games, i need it for music and net working, and not crashing

If thats the case, you should probably just forget about the iBook.
Buy a PowerBook G4 or a MacBook Pro.
I have a feeling you won't be happy with anything less.
The PowerBook and MacBook will serve your purposes for a good, long time. The iBook probably won't.

Yea, Powerbooks/Macbook Pros are much better if your going to be using your laptop for many things and for long periods of time. I'd say iBooks are for the more casual-user, definitely not for intense work stuff or multi-tasking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom