Problem with...well...problematic Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
This can be confusing at times. Multiple drives are taken for granted by some people, while a complete unknown to others.

When you look in the upper right corner of your OS X desktop, you see one or more little drive icons. The icon on top represents the drive containing the OS you're booted on (OS X). If you have only one drive, your OS 9.2.2 is also on that drive (which could be part of the problem, but probably not). When you double click the drive icon (we'll assume you see only one icon) you'll see two folders labeled "System". The "System" folder icon with a faint orange 9 on it, and more stuff inside than the other "System" folder, is the OS 9.2.2 folder.

What macdude is saying is: If you have more than one drive icon, you need to look in all drives until you locate the OS 9.2.2 folder, then look beneath the desktop drive icon containing the OS 9 folder, and see what the drive name is. Let's say, hypothetically, you have a single drive named "Macintosh HD", In the command he's giving you, you'd type: bless -folder9 /Volumes/Macintosh HD/System

People with experience with only one drive, containing only one partition, and only one desktop drive icon. Don't know what the hell this "which drive" question is all about.

On my G4 desk top, I have 5 drive icons. The first is "OS X Drive" the second is "OS 9 Drive" because that's what I chose to name them. These are actually two partitions on one physical Hard Drive. The next two are "File Drive" and "75 GB Drive", also two partitions on a second physical device. The last is a remote network drive called "NetworkDisk", but you wouldn't have that, and it looks different anyway.

Hopefull, this will help fill in the confusing missing piece of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom