Pismo HD install question????

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentmp13

Beta member
Hi,
I installed a new 60 gig hitachi 9mm hard drive in my firewire pismo. How do i initialize the disk? I tried to start up form a cd, i get the start up gong hear the cd drive and hard disk spining but get no visuals whatsoever. Some one suggested a crossover cable to my newer powerbook and see if i can intialize it that way? Has anyone replaced this drive before? Any advice?
Thank You:confused:

does the screen display anything at all? From what you said it seems like you may have pulled one of the LCD cables loose.

No screen display. And prior to changing the hd it was fine. Where can i locate the lcd plugs?

the backplate that houses the power button is where the LCD cables are plugged in. I would pull up the keyboard and the little backplate piece. Make sure the CPU board is inserted all the way and look for 2 insulated little connectors I bet one of them isn't plugged in all the way.

just out of curiosity...which install disc are you using? I've the best luck when initializing a laptop hdd in a g3 with an os 9 disc. try booting from an os 9 disc with the c key...if that goes...go ahead and install afterwards...then insert the os x disc and install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom