password protecting

Status
Not open for further replies.

omnipotence407

Beta member
Not sure if im posting in the correct forum. Admin or moderatoors, move me if you think it neccesary/

i am looking to put a password protect on my thumbdrive. I run multiple portable apps, and wish to be able to go between Windows XP and Mac OS X.

It does not need to be ultra secure-super encrypting. Its mostly to deter the common high schooler.

It is preferable that the solution be free.

I'll throw you in software forum for good measure.

For what's it's worth, I don't really shop around for Mac compatability, however I do know (due to articles in various magazines) that there are a few companies that provide pre-loaded software. I know Kingston does, as well as Lexar. There was one other rather funny name that I wasn't too familiar with...."King Kong" perhaps? I don't know that "King Kong" is 100% accurate. Anyway, like I said...most "reliable" software is going to come preloaded....which , of course banks on the fact that you purchase the product.

What type of thumbdrive do you own? I do know that people develop open source software packages between Linux and Windows compatability where it doesn't exsist within the drive....just not so sure about MacOS.

I hope I helped even a little bit....I'll stop rambling now :p :)

Moved/Copied to Windows and Mac forums as you are looking for compatibility with both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom