os10 and server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
"32bit ZIF (Zero Insertion Force)..."

mac_mogul said:
It could perhaps be the difference between 64 bit and 32 bit. It could also, and this is more probable, be the difference in OS's. But if you had a G4 that worked fine... I'm not sure what the problem may be. I'm not exactly an expert at moving things from computer to computer :eek: But I do know that we had a similar problem at school when we got our new yearbook computer. All of our files were on the school's server, running Win NT server. The new computer was running WinXP pro. It took forever to load/save files from/to the server. Whereas the old computer (Win98) Worked fast with the server. So, we fixed it by turning the yearbook computer into a school server. Not the brightes thing to do, but it wasn't my decision :laughing: But anyhow, it works like a charm now.

So this could deffinitely be an OS conflict. :)
That maces sense. this could be the result of a 64bit incryption (Or whatnot) trying to stuff it's self through a 32bit connection, while trying to copy file at the same time. This dosn't really sound like a hardware problem to me. I don't know much about OSX,but you should type this problem (In short frases ofcorse) In google and see if you see anything about an update or something for it. :cool:

Re: "32bit ZIF (Zero Insertion Force)..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
That maces sense. this could be the result of a 64bit incryption (Or whatnot) trying to stuff it's self through a 32bit connection, while trying to copy file at the same time. This dosn't really sound like a hardware problem to me. I don't know much about OSX,but you should type this problem (In short frases ofcorse) In google and see if you see anything about an update or something for it. :cool:

64 bit processing is not relevant to 64 bit encryption...encrytion is something different altogether. I think you've got your terminology a bit confused ;)

"Apple key..."

qiranworms said:
64 bit processing is not relevant to 64 bit encryption...encrytion is something different altogether. I think you've got your terminology a bit confused ;)
You got that right! LOL Hey qiranworms, I didn't know you knew anything about macs? :p

It seems i'm stuck in the old fashioned way of doing things with networking. You see, back in my day, you had to use Stuffit Deluxe to encrypt files before you could send files back and forth from a server. ;) Guess that frase got stuck in mee-head. :cool:

Re: "Apple key..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
You got that right! LOL Hey qiranworms, I didn't know you knew anything about macs? :p

No? I'd know more if I had one though...:( (mmm...Quartz Extreme eye candy goodness...)

The only Apple product I have ever owned (and continue to own) is my iPod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom