OS X 10.4 Tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.

apsoul

In Runtime
I was trying to check prices/sys req. for an upgrade from 10.3.9 to 10.4, and the cheapest i've found was > $200. Am I seeing this right? I haven't looked for any apple products for about 5 years, so I haven't a clue what I'm looking for. $200 seems expensive as **** for an OS that is that old. I belive it was released in late '03/early '04. If that is the case then it would look like i'm sticking with 10.3.9 haha.

Why don't you just upgrade to Snow Leopard? It only costs like $30.00 USD, I fail to see the point in upgrading to something 2 versions behind, do you have some specific hardware/software reason for this?

Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe leopard and snow leopard are only for Intel based mac's, where as i am using whatever cpu's mac's used before intel. Does anybody know if there is a cheaper "upgrade to 10.4" if i already have a mac? or would i have to pay full price for the 10.4 disc?

If your computer is old chances are it does not have an Intel based CPU but it instead has a power PC CPU (made by Motorola). You cannot run OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on a Power PC Chip you must have one made by Intel. However you can run OS X 10.5 Leopard on a Power PC 867MHz with at least 512MB of RAM+ chip and all Intel based chips.

I've got a copy of 10.4 I don't use, I guess you could buy it off me for cheap. let me know if you're interested.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i believe leopard and snow leopard are only for Intel based mac's, where as i am using whatever cpu's mac's used before intel. Does anybody know if there is a cheaper "upgrade to 10.4" if i already have a mac? or would i have to pay full price for the 10.4 disc?

My bad I should have asked for you to pull up a About my Mac window and tell me what processor you had in your machine. I do not have any non-hardware specific Tiger discs so hopefully someone else can help you there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom