OS Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikkon

In Runtime
I have a G4 Mac in which im trying to reinstall/update to OSX. The computer currently has two partitions, one with os9 and the other with osX. (Not sure if that will really matter but thought i would mention it anyway). We are reformating the system to get rid of the all the files that gather over a period of time that are no longer needed. Now, first I inserted the CD (oh btw its osX panther v10.3) and a windows pops up of the contents of the CD. I double click on the icon that reads install osX. Another windows comes up that says to begin installation click on the restart buttion. I click it. The system begins to reboot however, reaches a point and stops with a blackscreen. So after about 5 minutes or so of waiting I pull the power plug eject the disk reboot the system. It starts up fine. So I insert the disk and go to special -> restart this time to restart. While the system begins to boot I hold down C and the system does the exact same thing as before. Now one of the biggest problems is that the monitor never shows anything, its completly black the entire time, so i have no idea where the boot is failing. If you guys have ANY ideas on what i can do to reinstall this please let me know.

Thanks !

Wow thats strange. Usually there is a longer than average wait to boot from CD, but 5 minutes is really long, not to mention the black screen (which means that nothing is booting - thats the precheck time, kind of like when you start up a windows PC and all those text check messages flash arcoss the screen). Ever tried doing it and just leaving it for a while? Also have you checked whether or not the CD is scratched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom