Open office

Status
Not open for further replies.

naash

Baseband Member
Has any one used open office for mac? If yes, how is your experience? Are there any bugs or spy wares hidden inside this free office software?

Hello,

There are bugs in every piece of software. As for spyware. No. Unless you do not get it directly from the OpenOffice site. then there could be.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

To elaberate on my bug comment. There is no software that doesnt have bugs. IT just depends on how fast those bugs are patched and a new version or update released. Jsut look ath any OS. They all get updates regularly. This is what they are ficing the bugs that were found.

I have used OO on Windows and found several bugs and seen that a new release was put out a couple of months later. It just depends on how fast they can patch them and get the new working version out.

The spyware thing. I have never seen any spyware attached to any Open Source app when downloaded from the home page. Only when you get software from other places than their homepage could there be spyware attached.

Cheers,
Mak

OO 3beta for mac is correcting the flaws an bugs that oo 2 had when running on OSX.

An Mak is right when you DL a FOS bit of software you are 99.99% of the time safe but it's when you download it from places like torrent sights an other places is thwn you run the risk of a malware infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom