Older Mac OS 8.6 hooking to current styleprinter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger72

Beta member
Hi There Folks,

OK; I admit it! I am not Mac literate. I'm a PC guy trying to solve a little problem for my sister who is a Mac User.

I will give as much info on her machine as I could find. The system is reportedly 6-7 years old...Apple Macintosh w/OS 8.6 with a G-3 Processor..Macintosh Hard Drive-volume format Mac OS Extended (HFS+) Apple ATA hard disk..built in memory 288MB..Disk Cache 7.96MB....Backside L2 Cache 512kb..powerPc G-3..

I recovered this info from the machine itself under system details.

Sister is a retired teacher and is definately NOT a Geek. She only uses this system for daily e-mail to and from her friends and family and as a word processor which requires her to print documents occassionally. Recently her printer went on the blink so I went with her to purchase a new printer and could'nt find anything that stated it was compatible with OS 8.6...

None of the ones I found were marked as being compatible with any OS below 9. something.

She doesn't want or need a copier/scanner only a printer.

Does anyone who is familiar with Macs know if we can hook her up with (for example) an Epson Stylus C-82 printer?

Thank you very much for any help..:>)

ranger72:)

Attachments

• pcpunch.gif
    pcpunch.gif
    12.7 KB · Views: 8
Thank you macdude425 for the response and the link.

Upon checking the link you provided I find that sister is suffering the same issue; her printer which was the same mentioned in the link has done the same thing.

She told me that about two months after she bought the stylus it just stopped printing. I thought perhaps it may have been a driver issue but it seems the Epson Stylus C-82 has a history of the ink hardening in the spray nozzles if you don't shut the printer off at the end of the day.

My personal experience with Epson is only good...the first printer i had on this "windoze box" was an Epson Stylus C-80 no bells/no whistles/no scanner/no copier/ just a darn dependable color printer.As I got further into graphics/photoshop/digital photography etc. etc., I wanted a printer/scanner/copier as well as a color printer with a higher DPI capability so I went to an Epson Stylus CX5400. I've had this printer for 1 & 1/2 years and it does a helluva job for me. no complaints.

I think first i'll try to clean the nozzles in her printer and then re-install the driver..see if that works.

Thanks again for the link:)

ranger72:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom