Old news . . . but still worthwhile . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, IBM has been working on dual core from some time now, as well has Freescale (part of Motorola) which dual cores an updated G4 called the e600.

Bah, I say get rid of motorola. They can't make a processor to save their lives. A current G4's FSB runs what? 166mhz?? AND even then it depends on which version you buy. The iBook G4 runs at only 133 mhz. Even the last gen G3 ran at 100mhz. I think Apple should seriously consider dropping Motorola and have IBM make it's own version of the G4.

"I Mac... GFifty cent..."

I've heard from MacAddict mag that having a duel processor dosn't actually make your Mac faster. :confused:

Ahh-well... Hope it dosn't cost an arm, and a leg, and an eyeball, like when they made their first G5. :( :cool:

Re: "I Mac... GFifty cent..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
I've heard from MacAddict mag that having a duel processor dosn't actually make your Mac faster. :confused:

It most certainly does.

I have to disagree G5. When put to the test, Dual processor macs never use more than a collective 100% processor power. If one processor is working at 80%, the other is working at 20%. A dual processor allows for Multi-threading, but does not, in fact, a faster mac make! :p RAM is where the speed is at. The more, the merrier! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom