October 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spritz2523

Solid State Member
i have heard many many rumors. wat i see happening at the keynote october 12th is: updated powerbooks, and power macs (probably dual dual core), definite update to the regular size ipods (slimmer hds, apple made click wheel), possible airport update (including a/v in and out so u can move video around your house wirelessly which would kill windows media center.. look for the mac mini 2 slowly turn into a tivo), speaking of mac minis stevie j would offcialy announce the upgrades, and possibly a video ipod. a long with that would be a massive update to itunes adding video which would be used in both instances above. the video ipod could be lame, or sexy as hell. lame being able 2 output video onto a screen because jobs has said that video is not meant for handheld and meant 2 be watched on a screen. sexy being psp style. so thats what it all depends on. im getting a psp if a video ipod isnt going 2 be able 2 play on the go on a nice screen. all in all im so excited for october 12th.

Apple still denies that a video iPod will be released, and I'm not holding my breath.
I also don't expect any totally new life shot into the PPC platform on Apple's part. They're about to abandon it, so why spend good money trying to milk it for all it's worth? They did this with the 68k machines too; they put a few new ones out after PPC was introduced, but nothing that was a great leap ahead for the proc, only memory upgrades and such.

wen the intel switch happens the imac and powermacs will likely be the last machines updated.. and with the holidy season creeping up on us im sure they like 2 make a few bucks. plus their power lines sales have been slipping while the less powerful lines (ibook, imac, mac mini) sales have been increasing. i dont think i see apple putting out a new product before the intel switch, i wouldnt be suprised if they announce one last big ppc product, not just updates. they ordered chips till 2008 and i dont think that would just be for apple care.

LOL, like I said, the same thing happened in the 68k era...they didn't phase it out totally until late 1995, as they kept introducing products with them. But they were still the same '40's in most of their later products, only with more RAM, etc. So the clock speeds may increase, but your prediction of an updated PowerMac with dual dual core is not likely anytime soon. And I doubt they will try to cram IBM's new laptop-friendly G5 into a Powerbook, because it's not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom