Noisy Fan on Powermac G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reeder113

Solid State Member
Hey everybody,
I am currently working at a university campus computer lab. We deal mostly with macintosh in this specific lab. We are about to upgrade from the old G4 to new dual processor G5's. My boss has a couple of older (single-processor) G5's that I'm currently working with and testing out, but theres a problem.....everytime the computer goes into sleep mode, the fan starts to kick in and gets louder, and louder until it sounds like a 747 is parked at the next desk. I've looked at other forums about people who have had the same problem. One guy was told to make sure that the piece of silver reflecting tape on the bottom right tab of the plastic cover under the panel wasn't missing. Well, his WAS missing, so he replaced it and hasn't had a problem since. But mine ISN'T missing the tape and still has the noisy fan problem. Does anyone have any clue what I could do to fix it. The G5's are supposed to be much quieter than the G4's, or so I've read. But I'm not sold on that yet. Help if you can, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom