2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
4GB Ram
320 Gig Hard Drive
15.4 Display
Intel HD Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GT 330M 256 of ram
Built in camera
DVD +- RW

So I guess since this is my first Mac I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions or information that could help a Mac newb. Thanks.

Intel HD graphics AND Nvidia 330M?

i think they do this for power management or something. it like if your running non gpu intensive apps like something simple like a web broswer it falls back onto integrated. i would assume this is the purpose for it, other then that i would have no idea why they do this.

i think they do this for power management or something. it like if your running non gpu intensive apps like something simple like a web broswer it falls back onto integrated. i would assume this is the purpose for it, other then that i would have no idea why they do this.

That's exactly why they do that. When the MacBook is not running a GPU intensive application it switches to the integrated Intel graphics chip to increase battery life.

Hope you like your MacBook Pro, they're awesome laptops.

I am liking it so far I am a big slashdot reader and Rob Malda (Commander Taco founder of slashdot) is always talking about them and I have seen him at conferences using one. My best friend servo is a mac tech and is always praising it so I decided to go with it I really like it still learning where everything is yet it's different but really good.

How do you like the trackpad on it? I've never gotten to try a MacBook with the new style of trackpad so I'm curious as to how you like it.

The trackpads are very responsive, and multi touch gestures are great. To be able to show all open windows, flick to the desktop, etc makes things so much more efficient

Oops sorry, I was unclear. I meant how is clicking with the new trackpad? I know they removed the mouse button and made it so you just press down anywhere. Is it any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom