New Mac Pro and IMac plus new track pad

Status
Not open for further replies.

helix2301

In Runtime
Quite a day for Apple posts new Mac Pro and IMac Announced for August and September. They also have there new trackpad that will mimic the Mac Pro trackpad. The IMac is getting a 27 inch display which has a resolution of 2560 x 1440 not to mention 3 USB Ports. Plus there will be more processor options. The Mac Pro is getting a 512 GB SSD and a ATI Radeon HD 5870 with 1GB of ram. Not to mention a 12 core CPU.

Apple Launches Magic Trackpad, Speedier iMacs and Mac Pros

What I don't get is that the IMac is a premium proudct with a prince premium that very few can actually say isn't there; knowing this, why is the standard cpu on the new ones a core i3? The one thing I could always say about apple hardware, generally, was at least they weren't skimping out on performance for the standard specs.

What I don't get is that the IMac is a premium proudct with a prince premium that very few can actually say isn't there; knowing this, why is the standard cpu on the new ones a core i3? The one thing I could always say about apple hardware, generally, was at least they weren't skimping out on performance for the standard specs.

probably due to the heat these new chips put out also maybe power draw. looking at it some of the i5's and i3's are preaty awsome actually, pack alot of performence for a cheap buck. i think for the first time in a long time cpu's have far far outpaced most software out there. now i dont know if this has something to do with gpu based physx api's and such, but playing games on my laptop my cpu hardly even takes a hit at all. intel has really been impressing with there lineup even as much of a pain in the but they are changing sockets once every year, they are still impressing me as far as performence per$ goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom