The New iMac

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxdii

Baseband Member
Are any of you excited about the new iMac? I have not seen a thread in here about it so I thought I would post one. There is so much going on in the apple world right now with the nano,G5,powerbook,ibook,ipod and now the iMac. I was amazed when I saw Steve Jobs (CEO of Apple) reveal Macs version of the Media Center. Let the windows world eat that. The 6 button remote, seamless intregation with iMovie,iTunes,iPhoto and DVDs was just amazing. I would have never seen this coming. Anyone have any comments on this topic, whats your oppinion of the new iMac?

I was impressed with the fact that Apple managed to fit an iSight camera into every new iMac. And the Photobooth software, however stupid it may be, will undoubtedly be one of the first programs launched when people turn on their new iMac. :p Also, using the iMac's screen for a camera flash is genius :laughing:

I know wasn't it, the flash, also I love the idea of the photobooth because how many times have you wanted to send an up todate photo of your self w/o having to connect the cammera with the pic and upload it, find it, send it, ect, ect. This way its just click,snap,send.

i think they're pretty cool ... but they should include the remote capabilities in the powermacs, so that way you can watch movies on your CINEMA display from your couch. and if they can fit an isight into the imac, they can fit it into the cinema display ... theres room.

the general said:
i think they're pretty cool ... but they should include the remote capabilities in the powermacs, so that way you can watch movies on your CINEMA display from your couch. and if they can fit an isight into the imac, they can fit it into the cinema display ... theres room.

Apple really intends that anyone who really has a use for FrontRow will already have some sort of cinema setup, either a projector, or having their iMac running into a larger TV screen or something. But the only reason they can sell it with the iMac and NOT the PowerMac is because the PowerMac doesn't come with that beautiful Cinema display; whereas the iMac has a rather large built-in display :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom