Is this network possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaseism

Beta member
I am currently a PC owner and user. Pretty sad really seeing as though I previously worked with Macs in a design capacity.
Given that I am now fed up to the back teeth with PCs and the constant unrealiability, I have decided to 'go mac' at home.

I am interested in attempting a half-decent home wifi network that is so simple to use as i have a 9 year old surfing CBBC's and the like. There are also a number of ipods in the house and intend upgrading one of these in the near future to an ipod touch.

iTunes plays a major part in what i require and i like the thought of streaming music and video to tv's around the house.

Can i therefore create a home wifi network using an airport (extreme or express?). As i understand it, a modem is also required. I have countless Speedtouch's around the house anyway and my provider (eclipse) is Mac friendly.

I would like a hard drive connected to the airport where i can store all my music, photos and video so that they can be accessed from different computers/ipods/internet devices, negating the need to clog up the individual drives on the respective computers.

Is it possible to rip my DVDs onto this drive to view them around the house on different tvs using apple tv? and will i need a separate apple tv per tv?!

I like the idea of wireless printing as well and would like the printer connected to the airport.

In a nutshell, a central storage for media, accessable by different computers/tvs.

Given that this is geared around the airport (which i know not much about), i am thinking of investing in a mac mini and a mac laptop (but cant stretch to a air book).

I understand that i may also be able to connect my stereo up to the network to stream from the airport?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom