Need some opinions and some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaylamay

Solid State Member
Hello,
I am new to this forum.
I decided to come here and maybe get soem advice. I have owened a pc all my life, and have only used a pc until I went to art college and we had to use macs for our projects. I have no problms with macs at all and think they are nice.

my problem is now, I am trying to find an art job ( btw I was an animator) and i am wondering if I should build up my pc or invest in a mac power book.

in class we used several programs that worked well and helped with putting my animations together, as in idvd, final cut pro etc. etc. these programs seem to run better on a mac, as I have after effects on my pc and it just eats up the ram.

If anyone can give me some tips, pointers, advice that would be great because right now I am very torn.

I hope I wasn't too sparatic in this topic as I am trying to type quickly as I am at work. LOL.

probably a mac book. I want to get whatever is cheaper at the moment because I have to get the all the programs all over again. like photoshop, illus, etc.

But I have no idea if getting a mac is the best thing for me or if maybe i can just juice up my pc.

kaylamay said:
probably a mac book. I want to get whatever is cheaper at the moment because I have to get the all the programs all over again. like photoshop, illus, etc.

But I have no idea if getting a mac is the best thing for me or if maybe i can just juice up my pc.

I've never worried about paying for software, as I never do it, so I can't help you there.

The Macbook is really nice, I'd get a white one though. The black one is like leathery or something... It's weird.

yeah. I wish I could do that. but knowing my luck I will have to pay. that is just a chunk of change to dish out all at once. espcially since I was dumb and went to a private art college. can we say student loan debt= 90k
UGH!

Ehh.... I steal what software I need that isn't already free.

Wish I could help you, but it's against the rules here. :p

This is the second time I've seen someone having to sacrafice hardware because of the cost of software today.

Someone had to get a 7600gt because they had to buy Windows. They could've had a 7900gt. (if you don't know, those are video cards, one rocks and the other is okay...)

P.S.: w00t, 2000 posts.

yeah deffinatly get a mac they are really good with the artsey programs and stuff in my experience with them..

i would own one if i wasnt into gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom