My laptop is probably gonna be a mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigabite

In Runtime
Well I have a desktop windows, and I really want a more stable system for internet, graphics, etc... and will probably get a mac. Anyways, one question I have is do all apple laptops have built-in wireless networking, in other words, I wont need a network card. (I'm talking about notebooks on sale on apple.com now) and do all wireless networks support computers with mac, or does OS not really matter here at all? Also the white glossy plasticy looking ones, those are only iBooks right? Cause I don't like the silver ones.

How good are 1.33GHz PowerPC G4 found in the iBook?

Give me any suggestions, etc... that you think about iBook. I wont buy it now, but probably will in the next couple of months when I need it.

My biggest suggestion to you is wait for the MacBooks (Intel iBooks) to come out...they will have built-in wifi and wired networking and you can very easily put it on a network with Windows computers...

Ok, cool, I probably will wait since I'm in no hurry. When are these supposed to come out? Are they going to be white or silver?

Gigabite said:
Ok, cool, I probably will wait since I'm in no hurry. When are these supposed to come out? Are they going to be white or silver?

Look for something feasable by the end of this summer. By then, the MacBook Pro's will have a faster processor, and the MacBooks (or Intel iBooks) Will have the older MacBook Pro processors.

Right now, however; Apple's PPC iBooks DO come with both built in high-speed wireless and Bluetooth. But, the specs of the PPC iBook make it eligible for the front row seat on the short bus...:rolleyes:

Gigabite said:
Yea are they going to have 15 or 17 inch ibooks then also?
Oh heck no. iBooks will probably be the same size they are now. 12" and 14" Any bigger than that and you cross over into MacBook Pro Territory and Apple would lose MBpro sales.

I would wait until Intel iBooks come out as others have said. Wait a while for the bugs to be ironed out and then purchase. Currently the 12" and the 14" versions run on the same resolution, but if the new ones have higher resolution for the larger sized model, get that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom