My iPod Hates the Left Side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baez

Admin / Dev
Staff member
Seems like it's a pretty common thing now that I've been looking around. My iPod has now destroyed 3 pairs of headphones all because the left side blew. It keeps getting worse too. First pair took about 6 months to start going, next pair took maybe 2-3 months. Both were Apple buds. My current pair, which are JVC earbuds took about a week to go. The left still works but the volume is so low that it's like I'm listening to my right only. Now all three pairs pretty much only work on the right even if I plug them into my comp.

Anyone else have something like this happen?

Never heard of that happening before and never happened to me personally. I find the Apple buds pretty poor in comparison to the Sennheiser ones i purchased but my 3rd gen nano has the rubbish EU "Health & Safety" volume limit on it...booooo!

It's a 5G iPod video 60GB. I have a pair of Grado's that haven't blown yet but I'm not taking the chance now.

And if you want to change the volume of your music just download MP3Gain and raise the Decibels of your whole library. Then the volume limit doesn't matter :)

There's also mods to take the limit off.

Every apple product I have ever owned lasts a maximum of year. I'm not rough with anything, I think they're just terrible quality. At least from my experiences. They need to take a course from Nintendo on durability.

Hmm I don't know maybe in the new ones it is. In that case I guess you can only use MP3Gain and raise the volume through each track.

ive had friends blow only one side of ipod headphones before... two actually... im not sure if it was the same side that youre talking about, and i know they hadnt raised the volumes or anything on any of their files... i think its just that ipod headphones (the ones they come with) are pretty low quality... buy some decent ones, and listen to your music on a reasonable volume (theres only so loud you can get before they stop being headphones and start being speakers XD) and im sure you wont see this problem again :) - RK

Well I contacted Apple and they obviously realize that it's a big problem because they are sending another pair of headphones no questions asked. It was maybe a 5 min convo on the phone.

I'm not talking any chances though so I got a new iPod. My other one was so scratched up you could barely see what song was playing. I also lower the volume on my files because I think they're too loud to begin with.

Anyway I picked up a pair of Sennheiser CX 300's to go with my new iPod and they should be shipping tomorrow. I heard these are a pretty mean pair of earbuds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom