My Apple Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxdii

Baseband Member
I have been looking for some time now for a new laptop. I want something that is functional, looks nice and does the job right the first time. Thats why I am looking into a mac. The only problem is I do not know wheather I should wait a while or buy a powerbook off of ebay now. I would really like to see how the intel computers enhance apple even further but I dont know how long it will take them to get the processors in the computers. For I am growing weak and weary of typeing messages from my desktop in my dark dark bedroom. I want LIGHT, LIGHT I tell you, almost like that of in the living or family room. Any comments or suggestions would help.
P.S. Has anyone here ever overclocked an Apple computer?

Overclocking Apple computers is possible, but you would usually need a third party processor (i.e. Sonnet, etc) The only Apple branded processor that was capable of being OC'd (that I'm aware of) was the old skool 333mhz G3 in the old Yosemite Towers. You could switch from 333mhz to 366mhz...:rolleyes:
The Intel switch should be comlete by next summer, so you won't have to wait too much longer.
eBay is NOT a good place to buy an Apple computer, unless it is from a highly reputable eBay store.

Alright, thanks. I thought that I read in Mac addict that they over clocked the mac mini, let me check, yep! By the way where did you get your sig and avatar. I would love to have one like yours.

I make all of my own. If you want, I can do one for you as well, just let me know what all you want on it. :)

well if no ebay weres the cheapest place to get a mac becuse we use them at school and would love to use one at home

foxdii said:
Alright, thanks. I thought that I read in Mac addict that they over clocked the mac mini, let me check, yep! By the way where did you get your sig and avatar. I would love to have one like yours.

yah but it was done by dangerously sodering and desodering resistiors on the mac mini mobo.

I don't like the thought of mac combining with intel... The Horror O.O;;

So enhancing mac processors more by intel? This I gotta see..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom