maybe itunes DOES suck

Status
Not open for further replies.

The General

Banned
i ripped all these TV shows from my DVDs and when i go to change the categorie of video in itunes, before i put it on my ipod, i cant chose "tv shows", just music videos and movies.

whats this all about?

anybody know how to put videos in whatever categorie you want?

let me see here. i use mac os x and linux. i want them to show up on my ipod in the TV shows section.

how does winamp help?
im not quite sure i get it.

You would probably need QuickTime Pro to give your videos the specific encoding that the iPod uses for Videos. (since you ripped them from DVD's, I'm guessing they're not encoded for iPod)

no i ripped them ffmpeg mpeg-4 550kbps / aac @ 128kbps ".mp4" @480x360 (so i can watch them on a TV effectively.)

i can watch them on my ipod, i can only put them in the "music videos" section or the "movies" section, and when i put them in the movies section they're all in one long list, i cant put them in their respective groups, so instead of having to sift through 25 BSG episodes to get to family guy, i want it to be "tv shows -> family guy -> season 1 2 3 or 4 -> list of episodes"

oh and i should compliment you on your garageband song... much better than anything i can make. i gave up on garageband long ago...

update: the new version of itunes is letting me put them in the "tv shows" section, but its still a big list, i cant set the show or the season

and now for some reason none of my videos are being sent to the ipod... before like half of them were but now none of them are.

okay now im REALLY getting irritated. when i convert the videos to "ipod format" with itunes they get put on my ipod!! WTF. I CANT ENCODE THE VIDEOS HOW I WANT WHEN I WNAT?!?! WTF?!

this combined with the fact that i cant change the "show" and the "season" on the mpeg4 tags is really getting me heated. i need ipod linux for video ipods. i need it now.

problems solved.

If you're running iTunes version 6.0.2, and are having trouble getting some videos put on your iPod, you need to downgrade to 6.0.0. To do this, go to /Library/Receipts/ and delete "iTunesX.pkg"

Now insert the CD that came with your iPod and install iTunes, then DO NOT update.

(this will also cure your problems with the new "Apple Spyware" that is the ministore ... ) ( ..... )

Then, if you are having trouble tagging videos because the old version doesn't let you change the Show or Season or even let you make it a "TV Show" ... google "Lostify"

Remove the videos from your library, edit the tags, and in some cases Lostify will make a file just like the one you're editing, only it will say "temp" or something, add that one to your library... i think its a bug.

the tv shows will be in with tv shows you may have bought from itunes.

problems solved!

new itunes 6.0.2 = either buggy, or full of DRM and spyware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom