Maxtor HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd look into getting the data professional recovered. It'll cost a lot, but if you really need the data (which, next time, I'm sure will be backed up?), that may be what you have to do.

Additionally, I would assume that, depending on what is physically wrong with a dead drive, it would behave differently. I'm not sure, but perhaps sometimes a dead drive will successfully mount and in other cases it just won't?

THanks for the help. It's so fustrating because both Teck Tool Pro and Disk Warrior say the drive is fine (THey each corrected minor problems.

I was told that it may bot be the Hard Drive but the other electronics and that I may be able to install in as an internal drive and that may work. Any thoughts?

Some externals are easier to open than others. I'd Google around the specific model number to see if anyone else has done it (and posted their success or lack thereof online).

Note that opening a closed-style external drive almost always voids the warranty, so if there's any left on it, you may consider calling Maxtor's support before you do it. Couldn't tell you if they tend to be particularly helpful or not though, but you might as well try.

try pulling the drive out of the box and sticking it into a linux box and running what macdude said, perhaps its usb controller is bad

Try Running Testdisk if its still bad when its in your pc as long as its still spinning test disk can probably recover most of your data.

Also next time you buy a drive you should get a seagate or western digital there much more relieable.

Mainly, thats why i NEVER buy apple computers, i just install mac os on a pc.....because apple like to pop in a maxtor hd, or two into their comps....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom