Mactels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "Intel is Q$$%#$..."

ATIRAGEPRO said:
No, It wasnt. At least not for people like me. :(

The Mac was the first computer company to utilize a architexture and processor most big companys would only use for gaming. (Seriosly.)

The first PowerPC Chip was based around the "Recorce Fork File Allocation" (RFFA) that was made from the previos CPUs macs were using called the 680000 (The kind of arc that was in the Super NES at the time) In other words, It looked in the inside protion of a file to see what type of file it was, (The recorce fork) unlike the x86 CPUs that just looked at the end of the filename (.exe or whatever)

That's what made it special, because it was made from gaming parts to begin with. :cool:

how can you know so much about processors and not know its "architecture" ? (with a C)

Another interesting question ... has apple set a release date for the intel processors ... i am about to purchase an ibook, need a computer before i get back to school, but can't really wait. anyone have any idea?

blasted, i'm just going to wait for the conference. hopefully jobs will announce it there.

The Confrence is the second week of January (next week) and so then either Apple will announce what is going on with these early mactel launchings or the media will. According to Apple, at the moment, the earliest month you will see any mactel on the market will be June 2006. I'd actually bet Apple speeds up production and releases them in April or May of 2006, perhaps even earlier. Apple has already sent orders for production for the Intel compatible parts of the Powermac for Q3.

I hope it comes soon, I have college next year and I am in no way taking a Windows based Notebook.

sometimes i wish my powerbook had an x86 processor ... but then again, i dont give a ****, it runs everything i need it to, i have my amd64 desktop for everything else.

Well, they did it, apple released the MacBook Pro, the first mac with the new intel processors. The notebooks are starting at $1999. They aren't shipping till February, but go check them out anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom