Macs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can actually get along ok with macs now because of the bash shell that I've used forever in Redhat.
Now I can hop on a mac, open a shell, and feel at home.(even though I dont use macs very often)

"Free your Macintosh..."

The fact of the matter is sad, but true. the truth is that most people buy more PC’s, is because they don’t know much about Macs. Whenever you hear someone say that “Macs suck“, their only saying it because PC’s are theoretically more popular. Then those people relay that message to others in a downward spiral of lies. It’s morons like this that give the Mac world only 16% of the computer retail market. But those of us that know better are those of us that use them for ourselves…:cool:

I'm not one for caring what my computer looks like -- I use a Mac because I prefer its interface and many other aspects over PCs. My daughter (21) takes after me that way. Or at least I thought she did. One day she saw an ad for an iPod -- a cute, girly, pink iPod -- and said, "Oooh, look, how cute! I want one! .... What is it?" I was LMAO!

There is definitely a market out there for things that look good.

lol my sister prefers a g3 book w/ it's fancy OSX buttons over any pc running XP...

This is the point at which computers-- macs, pcs, linux boxes, will all do the same things. Some are faster, some are more stable, and some look better.

But all modern computers will "get the job done," and now preference comes down to variety of software(pc), stability(unix), fancy interfaces(macs), and compatibility(pc)
What I'm getting at is that any half ass computer you buy to day, will do the same thing as a different brand-- mac/pc/nix/ect.

the most logical reasons to chose one make over another is reliability, compatibility, and large software banks.

OSX machines look good, perform well, and are stable-- but have small software banks in comparison to a pc.

But at what level are you willing to sacrifice performance, security, and stability for the amount of software available?
At my school I use a 2.0 GhZ Xeon workstation, running XP. It never freezes, just as M$ guarantees, but programs freeze often, and security is a major issue.

Something to think about.
Al

LMAO I was talking to a guy... he hated macs for apparently no reason.... ex (laptops)

they keys pop off
the batteries need to be ducktaped on cuz they fall out
it turns off by itself
it needs to be stabbed to turn on

etc

i was just LMAO! :D
omg.... the desciptions were hilarious, but not reflective of the hardware quality of modern macintosh computer systems.

I use to think that their looks would compensate for their crap quality... I don't see that happening today with the G5... or G4 books...

Does anyone think that apple HAS compensated looks for quality? (not intentionally)

thanks again
Al

winblowz said:
LMAO I was talking to a guy... he hated macs for apparently no reason.... ex (laptops)

they keys pop off
the batteries need to be ducktaped on cuz they fall out
it turns off by itself
it needs to be stabbed to turn on

etc

i was just LMAO! :D
omg.... the desciptions were hilarious, but not reflective of the hardware quality of modern macintosh computer systems.

I use to think that their looks would compensate for their crap quality... I don't see that happening today with the G5... or G4 books...

Does anyone think that apple HAS compensated looks for quality? (not intentionally)

thanks again
Al

Strangtely Im surprised he didnt mention that they catch fire (it has happened in early Apple laptops - battery overheating) :p

But as far as Apple's quality goes, its top notch, as well as (obviously) its looks. Every company has merchendise that fails. Just the nature of the business. Apple also tends to experiement with different, less conventional methods of doing things. Sometimes these things, when produced on a mass scale, dont always work out 100% of the time. Just reality. People just publicize it more with Apple because they almost always buy Apple to see how different they are from PCs and if something goes wrong they think "my PC never did that".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom