macbooks graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazdhaz

Beta member
hey guys ima student, and i am gonna buy a macbook classic and it comes with a 2.4 ghz processor and about 4gigs of ram.... wat i want to know is whether the 144 integrated can be made at least a 256 to up-graphic resolution... im new to the macs so i'm intrested in findin out anything u can hit me with

I'd recommend not getting a Mac. Save yourself some money, and get a normal laptop.

thanks, but i think i would rather try a mac for once i already have a desktop runnin a windows 2.5 core 2 and 2 gigs of ram and a 512 graphics i just want to get a hand into the different operating systems and how they suit me... im studying to be an engineer and i heard this was a good option for not by the pro

With the macbook you will be able to put any operating system you want on it. I'm not sure about the video ram, but it's probably not going to be an issue anyway. Go with that if you want to learn new OS's including Mac OS X.

By the way, things like web, image, and video editors are still pretty crappy in linux when compared to software available on windows and mac os x.

There's your straight answer.

Actually Linux has a very good Web Editor. It also have a good video editor as well. the only one it is missing is the image. GIMP is good if you know how to use it. But other than that the images side is weak.

Some of the best web adn video editors are actually created by Linux people and ported over to Windows.

By the way, things like web, image, and video editors are still pretty crappy in linux when compared to software available on windows and mac os x.

Web, you have FireFox Ophra an god knows how many other smaller browsers are available for linux.
Lots of web editors are available for linux **** most of the internet runs of Linux boxes.
Image your right on the ball there but things are getting better, the Gimp is getting better in usability.
Video is better there is a entire distro based on it, so i have no idea where you got that from.
^ Music the same distro has lots an lots of music applications.
3D Blender is ideal an is used by a few very large companies for commercial 3D Models in films an TV.
TV there is Myth TV an there is lots of PCI an USB tuners available for linux.

So that is the straight answer.

I really don't even want to get into a debate about the usability of apps like GIMP and the other very shotty gui web applications -- we aren't talking about hosting here buddy -- compared to whats available on operating systems like Mac OS X and Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom