Macbook running leopard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant91

Solid State Member
Hey

I ordered my new macbook around a week, wow that feels really good to say :p Anyway, ive been reading alot and watched that introduction video about leopard on the site. I really want to run it when it comes out but im not so sure if it will run smoothly on my new macbook.

Specs

1.83 ghz Duel core
80 Gb HD
512mb Ram

So their the basics of it, will leopard run smootly on it? Or will have issues with some of the other ram eating programs?

Thanx

If this is a Macbook, upgrade to 1GB of RAM for good measure due to the shared graphics. If it's a Macbook Pro, 512MB will cut it.

Other than that, oh yeah, it will run Leopard. You really think Apple would put out a computer that WOULDN'T run Leopard this close to it coming out?

Any Mac made in the last 3-4 years will run Leopard perfectly fine. Apple isn't like Microsoft ... their new versions are actually realistic.

The General said:
Any Mac made in the last 3-4 years will run Leopard perfectly fine.
Well, has there been any news as to if Leopard will be Intel/PPC compatible? As far as I've heard its Intel only so it would only run on intel macs.
BUT
Any NEW Mac will run leopard just fine. You really don't have anything to worry about. :)

The General said:
Any Mac made in the last 3-4 years will run Leopard perfectly fine. Apple isn't like Microsoft ... their new versions are actually realistic.
I could argue that. The original Mac Mini, released in January 2005, could not run Tiger to its fullest capabilities, released April 2005. Specifically, it was not compatible with Core Image or Video. Yes, I'm nitpicking.

Anyway, I don't personally think 512 MB of RAM is enough for Tiger to be truly snappy. I'd say 1 GB minimum, more is always better when it comes to RAM.

Leopard is just Tiger with some cool new features, I don't see it using any more ram than Tiger. And Leopard is going to be released for PowerPC ... I mean come on, all these people who just bought Quad-G5's can't run the new version of their OS, and they are just screwed? I doubt it. I think PowerPC will be supported until 10.6.

Oh, and even when Mac Mini's were being sold with Tiger on them they didn't get those features. But it still ran the OS. Ohoz! I don't get teh ripple FX in teh Dashboard!

mac_mogul said:
Well, has there been any news as to if Leopard will be Intel/PPC compatible? As far as I've heard its Intel only so it would only run on intel macs.
*ahem*
Leopard delivers 64-bit power in one, universal OS. Now Cocoa and Carbon application frameworks, as well as graphics, scripting, and the rest of the system are all 64-bit. Leopard delivers 64-bit power to both Intel- and PowerPC-based Macs, so you donÂ’t have to install separate applications for different machines. ThereÂ’s only one version of Mac OS X, so you donÂ’t need to maintain separate operating systems for different uses.
I think you're confusing no PPC support with the rumors of no G3 support.

Hey

Thanx for the comments. I've just ordered 512mb of ebay, just to be safe.

Qiranworms, you mentioned core image. I was just wondering, does tiger on my macbook come with core image, audio and video? Or do i have to buy it separate?

Thanx

Sorry for sounding dumb but by parts, do u mean they work in the background? They are not actually design programs?

Thanx :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom