Macbook Pro Will Not Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

spectra

Baseband Member
My 11 month old macbook pro has decided that it will not boot.
Last night I installed an apple update as normal (quick time and itunes too I think) and it went to restart, cleared the desktop of all icons and dashboard so only the wallpaper was visible and then.....nothing.
The HD went a bit nuts after a while then calmed down and still nothing. The power adapter did get screaming hot though so I had to unplug it and in the end crash it.
Now it won't get past the grey screen with apple logo and whirring gear.
I have tried starting it in safe mode but get the same thing.
I get the startup tone, then the icon, then the gear, then......nothing.
Can anyone please advise?

....and I would love to take it back to Apple under warranty but I bought it in the US and am currently in the UK and won't be back in the US until after the warranty expires. Dopey bint that I am, I did not buy the world wide repair coverage; obviously wish I had.

I'm going to be unhelpful and just mess with you...

being an MS/Windows fan and one who hates all those apple ads...

straight from the horse:
Apple - Get a Mac - It Just Works

and for a chuckle and to repeat your dilemma:
Petzold Book Blog - “It Just Works”

You are lying!
Apple says it just works and also doesn't crash. So there....hehe

You guys are all lyars if you keep saying you have problems with Macs and stuff... :D

PC fan, over and out...back to my non mac forums

Heh, i was going to just say this, but you beat me to it:

"insert should have bought a pc comment here"

My only advice is to do a search for a recovery disk or some sort of bootable restore for it. Dont know if macs come with those types of discs or whatnot.

Yet another mac bites the dust, Apple **** me off the the extreem recently i did consider getting one (I think i still have the link in my sig) then we got some in work, I took the chance to set one up an use it for a bit an guess what IT WAS ONE OF THE MOST PAINFUL EXPERIENCES OF MY LIFE I MEAN HOW CAN USEING A LAPTOP MAKE YOUR *** SORE?

Yeah because a PC has NEVER had a problem.
Thanks for the really crap and useless answers - if I'd wanted pointless comments I'd have posted on facebook.

Hey now, i gave good advice. Anytime you try to fix a corrupted "OEM MACHINE" the only option is a restore disk. Be it dell, hp, or apple. Very few people on this forum know much about osx or macbooks.

veedubfreak, you did indeed - thank you. My comments were not pointed at you; only the pointless timewasters who have nothing better to do. I will look into your idea for sure. Thanks again.

Try clearing the PRAM and the NVRAM. If this doesn't work you can always do a repair install with the system disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom