MacBook Pro refersh Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
MacBook Pro Specs Leaked? SSD, Better Battery, New Technology? - Mac Rumors

The new MacBook Pro's are supposidlly getting

-16GB SSD's for the OS.
-1440x900 screens for 13" models, 1680x1050 for the 15".
-Longer battery life
-Sandy Bridge CPU's

Supposedly they are going to be getting a "New Technology" which could possibly be Light Peak. Intel is reportedly holding an event Thursday to release Light Peak.

It's looking like these laptops are going to be quite good.

Hmm, only 16GB SSD? I would've expected 40GB minimum considering the price, tbh. Unless it's purely for the OS.

The SSD is purely for the OS and is built right onto the motherboard.

The new high speed port is called Thunderbolt, and it is almost definitely Intels Light Peak

It seems that many sites are speculating that Apple is going to get rid of the plastic MacBook and make it aluminum which is great because plastic laptops have always felt flimsy to me.

It appears that the lower 13" models will be getting i5 Sandy Bridge CPU's, but they will probably be losing the GeForce 320M GPU's and be downgrading to the Intel HD 3000 GPU.

It seems that many sites are speculating that Apple is going to get rid of the plastic MacBook and make it aluminum which is great because plastic laptops have always felt flimsy to me.

It appears that the lower 13" models will be getting i5 Sandy Bridge CPU's, but they will probably be losing the GeForce 320M GPU's and be downgrading to the Intel HD 3000 GPU.

The HD 3000 isn't actually a downgrade, from what I've heard it's at least as good as the 320m. Besides it should use less power and Intel has a much better track record than nvidia when it comes to mobile gpu reliability.

I was hoping for a higher res 13" screen, with an antiglare option but I guess that will probably have to wait until next time. I've heard rumors that Apple is going to double the res of their computer screens now, similar to the iPhone 4 and the iPod Touch 4G.

Intel's new thunderbolt port looks quite promising though, 10GB transfer that's bidirectional.

I was hoping for a higher res 13" screen, with an antiglare option but I guess that will probably have to wait until next time. I've heard rumors that Apple is going to double the res of their computer screens now, similar to the iPhone 4 and the iPod Touch 4G.

I would think they would be more likely to just give the MBP line IPS screens instead.

I'm glad the 13" doesn't completely fail now, Sandy Bridge makes the high price a little bit more reasonable than Core 2 did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom