MacBook Pro Core Duo Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDiceman

Space Ninja Pirate
Someone here in the office has a 17" Core Duo MacBook Pro and after about 3-4 hours of continuous use it just shuts down. From what we can tell this is from overheating. The system idles around 145F with nothign running in the backgroud. We even decided to have our support department put some artic silver on the unit to replace the cheap stuff Apple applies but with no noticible improvement. Interestingly enough though, if we take out the battery and run it strictly off AC the temp drops about 20 degrees and the fans RPM goes down to 1500-2000 (compared to the 4000+ it was running before). We tried putting in other batteries but the same chang in temp occurs. Any suggestions?

The best thing to do is to take it to the Apple store and have them look at it and/or replace it. Heat was a major issue with the Core Duo Macbook Pros. They seem to have fixed it with the Core 2 Duo ones, though. I had a 15.4" CD MBP that I swear I could fry an egg on, it never shutdown, though. I now have a 17" C2D MBP and heat is not an issue with it. It never gets too hot to use on my lap.

yeah i have had the same problem, not to the point that it shut down. and i have also played
counter-strike: sourse on windows and it has go amazingly hot. and i kind of thought that it was just because the game required a bit. but it has also became very hot will just doing normal things like listening to music and surfing the internet. i didn't really think anything of it.

Should i look into this furter??

Dwayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom