Macbook Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brtnboarder495

Daemon Poster
Yup, Apple just released it's new and first line of Intel powered macs. There is the Macbook pro, which is basically the line that will replace the PPC Powerbook line. Both have ATI X1600 series GPU's, with at least 128mb of GDDR3 memory, if not 256mb. Both have at least 512mb DDR 2 667mhz memory, if not the same configuration with 1 gig of memory. The CPU's is where things get a bit more complicated. The "slower" MP (Mackbook Pro) model comes with the yonah 1.67ghz CPU and the "faster" MP comes with the yonah 1.83ghz. Although we cannot determine if the CPU is a yonah in the iMacs, we can guess because it is Intel's only thin dual core CPU that operates at those frequencies with those FSB and caches. Oh, and Apple actually referrs to the CPU in all their "Pro" models as "Intel Core Duo". The MP comes with either 80gig, 100gig or 120 gig HD's, with some of the HD's offered in 7200RPM while the rest are offered in the standard 5400RPM. As always, all "Pro" macs can read and write CD's and DVD's. All "Pro" macs come with a built in iSight that is more powerful than the standalone iSight. What I think is neat is the new MP's power interface, but you can look into that ;)

Macbook Pro

as well as the intel imac. It looks like the intel macs and imacs are running the new rebadged pentium m chips.

who names these things mac book pro come on pay me $50 bucks and i can coe up with a better name.
but besides that i like it and its using the new duo mobile cpus from intel and the specs are nice but i want an ibook so when are they relasing those with intel chips?

waynejkruse10 said:
as well as the intel imac. It looks like the intel macs and imacs are running the new rebadged pentium m chips.
Rebadged? They're new chips, the ones that were codenamed 'Yonah' and released this CES.

OoOOooOOOooo I likey that, too bad I don't have $2000 laying around I mean sheesh...

Perhaps, since I am going to college, I could get some gelp to get one :D

They should still have kept the PowerBook name! :mad: Even before PPC was introduced, they still called the portable the "PowerBook" sheesh...

I suppose Mac Book is okay...

Lol yep. The yonah chip is perfect for all of Apple's computer but the powermac, because all of Apple's computer designs are concentrated on efficiency and being thin. I wonder which chip the powermac will use though, the pentium d presler ?

Mneh.. It's ok. I'd still choose Powerbook's name over MacBook Pro. It's so not an apple product. I just hope the performance would be better.

if its a mac book 'pro' shouldnt they have the highest core duo available in it as well? the 2ghz and possibly a 2.13ghz? or are they holding off until another time when they can say look! 1.5x faster again! lol

well they look good to me the imac and macbook pro except i dont like the grey look of the book pro shoulda kept the ibook look.. id expect performance to be pretty darn good but we'll see when they get windows up and running on it.. even if they have to use vista beta!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom