Macbook Pro 15" Liquid Damage

The Napster

In Runtime
So I have a 2010 Macbook Pro 15" unibody that I spilled a nasty mix of Jack n' Coke on a few months ago. I have just recently ordered a new power board because I suspected that to be fried. Before the led indicator on the power cord would not light up. After replacing the power board the charger now lights solid green constantly. The battery indicator flashes the green light at the lowest level of charge. So needless to say it is not charging, but at least the green light comes on now. My question is what could this mean? I'm a little stumped although a pretty good amount of liquid was spilled into this thing. I was not able to clean all the way down to the keyboard because of apple's stupid stripped screws. I did have a pretty hard time getting the ribbon cable on the top left of the logic board (with the fans closest to you) to get seated and still am not 100% sure it is seated completely. I have no idea what it is for so I have no idea how it would affect what happens when I try to power on. Both before and after this power board replacement the power button does nothing at all. No attempt to power on or anything. Any other easy things I should check before I completely give up on it?

Back
Top Bottom