Macbook air question

appledeals

Solid State Member
I am the owner of a macbook air 2011, and i now that it,s not possible to upgrade my ram memory, Now my idea is to buy a new motherboard complete theonely thing it,s from a macbook air 11,6 2013 edition. They look the same but is it gonna fit in the case

ok, and which model were you trying to upgrade to? The model of the macbook air of which motherboard you want to replace with? (The new model you want to replace with) Or do you just want to know if any newer one willwork?

I guess I do not get it. Are you trying to buy a newer macbook pro motherboard to put in an older macbook air case (enclosure)?

Do you know which macbook air you want to upgrade to? Like do you know the new motherboard version?

I would honestly like to say you can based off the size. If you were to get the same size but later mobo, the older case may be able to fit it.

I would also like to say no because newer technology may require certain hadware changes, even the slightest hardware adjustment in a motherboard can make an old case incompatible. I only have the current version you have, but I would really need the new version you want to put in as well.

I honestly say in theory you could, but since I've never done it all I'm doing is looking online and I do not see anything yet. I will keep looking for you but I'd like to lean towards no for now.

EDIT: I meant what is both versions:

Give me current model you have, and model you want to upgrade to

Last edited:
More than likely not. Very minor changes to the motherboard would be enough to make it either very difficult or impossible.

Back
Top Bottom