Mac Windows XP no internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomujul

Beta member
Hi there. I installed Windows XP on my Mac, but I can't get any internet. Found out I was missing a lot of drivers. Where do I download these drivers from?

Thank you!

pop in your mac osx install disk and it'll come up with an option to install drivers. if you don't have your osx install disk then connect it directly to the internet and download them through windows update. if you don't have ethernet drivers installed then go on another computer, google them and download them. You'll just have to know the model of your mac to do it.

Isn't installing Windows on a Mac is not approved by Mac's ToS?

A. Single Use License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this License, unless you have purchased a Family Pack or Upgrade license for the Apple Software,
you are granted a limited non-exclusive license to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-branded computer at a time. You
agree not to install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so.

Source

Not to be harsh, but this is against TF's Rules.
5) Keep Things Legal
Any discussion, links, or information on hacking, cracking, serial numbers, pirating, warez, or any other illegal matters is not allowed. This includes talks of Emulators and Torrents. The links provide the information needed. Talks of items that are not yet available by any legal means will also be taken in under this rule. This includes Games, Operating Systems, Service Packs and Betas not released yet to the public. Since there will be no way for people to obtain these by any other means then by Piracy or Warez.

-Edit-
Hmmm, guess I viewed it wrongly. My apologies. You can delete the post since it's not contributing.

Where can I download these drivers? I have no idea where to download these drivers. Please help me.

pop in your mac osx install disk and it'll come up with an option to install drivers. if you don't have your osx install disk then connect it directly to the internet and download them through windows update. if you don't have ethernet drivers installed then go on another computer, google them and download them. You'll just have to know the model of your mac to do it.

i posted this initially to your question.

It's on the install CD tat came with your mac, or if you go to software update on OSX and make sure you have the latest version of bootcamp assistant it will offer to download the drivers and burn the CD for you or copy the bootcamp.exe to a USB storage device.

Edit:

Oh and if this is one of the new Macbook Pro's you will only be able to install Win7, duno why they chose this but if your using a old XP install disk or a vista disk your out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom