mac user friendlyness

Status
Not open for further replies.

macrosoftlindow

Baseband Member
ive been arguing with a friend of mine that macs are really user friendly. i was curious exactly how user friendly they are.
if possible could 50 people rate macs user friendliness on a scale of 1 (not user friendly) to 5(extremely user friendly).
any comment are welcomed.

I give it a solid 4, 1/2 point deduction for price and hardware requirements just to run OS X, another 1/2 point off cause the "stock" setup comes with a silly little 1 button mouse and NO user manual, disappointing for a system that costs as much as a used car.No those arent strictly user friendly traits, but overall they affect user usage.Many of the stock apps have some pretty stringent limits as well.

In comparison, I'd give winblows a 4.5,linux a 3,any bsd a 2.But those are really bad comparisons cause this is comparing apple's to oranges, no pun intended.Apple mac's are a hardware AND software combo, the others are not.

I deffinitely give it a 4.99999....... because everytime I've let someone else use my iBook, they take right to it and I don't really have to tell them where everything is. But I've noticed that when my friend has other people use her Inspiron, they are constantly asking where things are and which buttons to push for specific operations. Maybe its a fluke, I don't know for sure. But this is just speaking from personal experiences.

And who knows... I might be a little biased! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom