mac to pc email

Status
Not open for further replies.

TWSARCH

Solid State Member
I frequently get email forwarded to me or web pages emailed to me from a Mac user (I am on a PC). The messages are broken up and some of the formatting is lost. Is this something they are doing wrong on the other end of is this a typical mac to pc issue? What can be done to retain the original formatting?

It's not typical, it depends on the client they are using. It's probably nothing the end user is trying to do - it's just the client they use.

We have a mac pro at home and use the default mail client included in the OS, it doesn't have any troubles with formatting or converting formatting from outlook to it's mail client or visa-versa. The only thing i've seen doesn't translate properly are smiley faces.

Need more information - like what you are using and what they are using.

Need more information - like what you are using and what they are using.

I don't know what they are using but I would guess the stuff that came with the OS, I'll ask. I use outlook 07 and 2010 at different locations, it happens at both so I would guess it's them.

I agree, it's probably the software they are using. I use 2010 at home and 2007 at work, both translate fine on the OS we use on our Mac.

hmm.. maybe sending html versions of email is what messes up.. i know diff broswers carry html differently - so im positive different os's do too (due to the software client)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom