Mac OS9 question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Win2kpatcher

Fully Optimized
Hello! We have a G4 down stairs that is being stuborn with its network speed. It is showing up as only 10mbps and half duplex. We checking all our settings on our cisco switches and all appears fine with its port settings. Where the heck in the OS can you alter its nework speed?? For instance in the Windows based OS if you right click on the adapter in the Device Manager you can go to its properties and manually set its speed and duplex settings. Is there something that is equivilent in MAC OS9 to a device manager? I know of the system profiler and such but that doesnt give me any options just info, thanks!!!

Well since I cant boot up in OS9 to give you specifics (sorry! didnt have a need for OS9 when I installed OSX!) You should try the TCP/IP control panel.

Apple menu---> Control Panels ---> TCP/IP

Tell me if that gives you any options to change the duplex and port speed. Your G4 should be running at least 10/100 ethernet, so having it run at 10 with half duplex is quite strange.

Hey thanks for the reply!! There doesnt appear to be any settings I can alter besides weather I want the connection to be ethernet etc etc...you dont have AIM by chance do you? I am at work right now and have my Mac up....thanks for the reply!!

Win2kpatcher said:
Hey thanks for the reply!! There doesnt appear to be any settings I can alter besides weather I want the connection to be ethernet etc etc...you dont have AIM by chance do you? I am at work right now and have my Mac up....thanks for the reply!!

Hey,

No problem on the reply. I did a little looking up and I think I may have found two places for you to look.

In the below menu, you will see two control panels: 'Internet' and 'Modem'. see if those hold the solution. If not, I have another suggestion that I only use if I cant figure out the solution to the problem (it concerns going to another forum... I dont like to do it, but its last ditch. If you cant get it, Ill PM you the address.)

os9_applemenu.jpg

OK I booted up the help files for Mac ( A LOT more helpful than windows!)

It says that it automatically detects the speed it is running @ and uses it. I dont think there is a way to adjust it. Its one of those things it does by itself :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom