MAC os on a desktop pc (not a mac desktop) ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

NatPc

Suspended
is there a way to get a mac OS on a normal pc like this

i think it would be cool if i had a high end pc with a mac os even tho i dont play a lot of games

I'll caution you, you may not get any help here and they may close this thread. I'm pretty sure since it violates Apple's software agreement they will frown on this. I know it gets done but it's sketchy at best and not legal :(

I'll caution you, you may not get any help here and they may close this thread. I'm pretty sure since it violates Apple's software agreement they will frown on this. I know it gets done but it's sketchy at best and not legal :(

ya they closed one of my other threads on a other site about this
i dont know why ? whats wrong having a mac on a pc

That's like saying if you print out a copy of the dvd cover it's ok to have the pirated movie. It's more a question of right and wrong than can or can't....

That's like saying if you print out a copy of the dvd cover it's ok to have the pirated movie. It's more a question of right and wrong than can or can't....

ya but im using a apple hardware to install a mac os like that new OS X Lion on a MAC harddrive im still using a apple labeled computer (cuz the hard drive is apple)

It doesn't work like that :) Their systems\software is proprietary. You can however buy a Mac and Install windows on it. It comes with everything you need it's called Bootcamp. Windows software agreement is different.

Discussion of "emulating" such things, or installing Apple Software on something that the license agreement says your not allowed to install it on is against the rules here.

Apple stays apple, windows can go on Apples, but not the other way around, it's half stupid, but, that's the developers/owners of the software for ya.

Yep, rule #5 here:
Announcements - News

5) Keep Things Legal
Any discussion, links, or information on hacking, cracking, serial numbers, pirating, warez, or any other illegal matters is not allowed. This includes talks of Emulators and Torrents. The links provide the information needed.
Talks of items that are not yet available by any legal means will also be taken in under this rule. This includes Games, Operating Systems, Service Packs and Betas not released yet to the public. Since there will be no way for people to obtain these by any other means then by Piracy or Warez.

ya but im using a apple hardware to install a mac os like that new OS X Lion on a MAC harddrive im still using a apple labeled computer (cuz the hard drive is apple)

Also, look here:

http://images.apple.com/legal/sla/docs/macosx107.pdf

I. Other Use Restrictions. The grants set forth in this License do not permit you to, and you agree not to,
install, use or run the Apple Software on any non-Apple-branded computer, or to enable others to do so.

Unless otherwise permitted by the terms of this License: (i) only one user may use the Apple Software at a
time, and (ii) you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be run or used by
multiple computers at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense the Apple Software.
Two things here:

1. If Tech Forums gave information about this, Tech Forums would be potentially in trouble because Tech Forums is enabling other people to use Apple software on non-Apple branded computers.

2. Any computer not sold by Apple is not an Apple branded computer. Granted, some components from inside an Apple computer can be used in any other computer, that computer still isn't an Apple branded computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom