MAC newb - tablets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankieee

Baseband Member
I'm just wondering if there is a tablet available in the MAC world and if anyone would have any links?

As well, is there is a MAC laptop that is lightweight out there that you'd recommend?

Either one, I'm looking for the best value for about $2500 CAD.

the 12" ibook or powerbook is great it's smaller then a tablet PC I dont know about lighter but they are kick ass. I can't wait till Apple decides to bring back the old Newton PDA. I bet it will run OS X and only be a little bigger then the Ipod

The 12" ibook sounds interesting. I'll have to take a look around on the Apple website and look for it.
I'm not particularily interested in the PDA. I need something that can be a bit more demanding (offers the option of external peripherals).

Thanks for the website RyansTech.
I guess I'm better off getting an ibook right now as opposed to waiting for the tablet to come out? When would you say they'd start introducing them?

I wouldn't expect Apple to make a tablet anytime soon. I think they would definitly make a PDA before a full-fledged tablet PC.

I have yet to hear of an ibook gamer. Powerbooks are great for gaming if you can handle the limited games for mac. I'm sure a new ibook could run unreal tournament 2004 fine. Anyone disagree?

iBooks are supposedly designed with gaming in mind. They're not exactly perfect for professional work such as a PowerBook might be, but they have no troubles with games that I know of:)

However, the iBooks 32 mb DDR video card is not as great as it could be. I'm hoping Apple will eventually put in a 64 mb card. It's more or less become the standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom