MAC Mini hard drive problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShatteredPeak

Beta member
Hey all,

Just a quick question. But before i open up our MAC mini (which is a pain) i just want to make sure it is what i think it is...

Problem is, Our MAC sits on a little table and should that table receive a slight knock then the mini will lock up and we have to hard boot it. Do you think this may be that the hard drive is not secured inside the box as properly as it should be?.

sounds like a loose connection in there. It's hard to pinpoint the hard drive connection as the direct cause as it could be a number of things if it is indeed a loose connection. I would say a loose connection seems a logical diagnosis, so pop it open and check it all out. Also make sure the power cable is plugged in to the back securely if you haven't already checked that.

also just as a side note, if you've opened it up already or don't have any warranty left on it, don't pay attention to this, but if you open it up I'm pretty certain that it would void the warranty in which case I would strongly consider having apple do it because there are a lot of things that the warranty covers that are much more serious than a loose connection. As an example it would be silly to open it up, void the warranty to fix a loose connection and then have the board die the next day and not be able to have it covered.

All Mac's come with a one year warranty. If you bought the Mac Mini less then a year ago I'd recommend finding the closest Apple authorized service provider in your area and taking the computer to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom