Mac Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

macrosoftlindow

Baseband Member
i am a MCProfessional and have been using pcs for about ten years and am gonna buy a mac mini. i wanted to know how easy it is to convert the files on my pc into formats which macs can read and use. i.e. word docs, .pdfs, general files

Also i am a student and will probably be using it to write papers and such for my classes. Does office for mac have the capability to save docs in a pc friendly file format?

I did the same thing a while back. You'd be suprised how easy it is to convert.

I got a powerbook G4 and the MSOffice suite for Macs. I've had no hitches with any document i've created on my PC.

pdf's are readable on any platform (osx, windows, linux etc..). The only thing that wouldn't transfer would be applications (for obvious reasons).

Office uses all the same extensions between both platforms.

Any industry standard extension (besides .exe and a few less major ones) will work on a Mac. Ot will definitely work if the mac equivalent program is installed.

The whole 'conversion issue' thing is, in reality, a problem of the past. Almost all documents are completely interchangable without issue at all. Word Documents, RTFs, PDFs, most image formats (JPEG, PNG, etc,) most music formats (MP3, WAV, etc)...

Office Mac will write in the same format as the Office for Windows...

Filesharing and Printer sharing with home networks works flawlessly between OS X and Windows...

What you won't be able to do is run Windows programs (.exe)...but most major software either has a Mac version or an equivilant for Mac...

as long as the program is (or can be) installed on both the systems that you are trying convert from and to, the files should work fine, unless the program makers have serious problems.

it means that most of the Windows files can run smoothly on Mac and vice versa?
but then for those files with .exe extension will not run in Mac right?

ZoneFire said:
it means that most of the Windows files can run smoothly on Mac and vice versa?
but then for those files with .exe extension will not run in Mac right?

As said in 3 seperate posts before you, yes, that is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom