mac gaming disadvantages

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasha1133

Baseband Member
I love mac computers and i love gaming too.
my problem is i cant seem to reconcile the two... any suggestions anyone?

Well, if you must spend money on a mac, you could always use bootcamp to dual boot with XP, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of owning a mac.

Well, if you must spend money on a mac, you could always use bootcamp to dual boot with XP, but that would kind of defeat the purpose of owning a mac.

would that allow me to install pc games on my mac? sorry not really a whiz... :D

would that allow me to install pc games on my mac? sorry not really a whiz... :D

It would be as if you were running XP on any other computer, so yes.

But the only thing different about Macs is the OS, so as Hikari said it would defeat the point of owning a Mac.

I love mac computers and i love gaming too.
my problem is i cant seem to reconcile the two... any suggestions anyone?

Friend of mine is a Die Hard Mac user, however he still seems to play WOW and other games on a Windows Based PC.

Gaming is where Windows excels:

* First of all, it's got DirectX, which most games are programmed to use.

* Second of all, you can install Windows on any hardware you want.
That means you can go buy a fast graphics card and CPU, often for not all that much money (especially since the release of Phenom II and RV770), and Windows plus your games will run on it.

You can get fast hardware on a Mac. However, the selection isn't nearly as wide, the highest-end hardware takes a while to become available on Mac's (though that usually isn't such a problem, as most people aren't getting *the* fastest hardware), and it's usually more expensive than you can get elsewhere (i.e. on a PC).

While Mac OS X is pretty good in general, it isn't the logical choice for gamers.

UGH! Sounds like I'll have to give up my mac Idea then... Thanx for the advice though. It is much appreciated.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom