Mac G4's and networking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
I haven't touched a Mac in about 6 years, and that was in high school where we used ancient Mac's that haven't been made since 1987. :D

My girlfriend's brother wanted to get their laptop hooked up wirelessly because they upgraded from a tiny apartment to a rather large house, and wanted the freedom of taking the laptop down to the kitchen or out on the porch, etc. I told them what they needed as far as router and wireless card (laptop didn't have one, it's 3 years old now). So we got it all hooked up and the laptop works great wirelessly.

So we figured, well, let's hook the Mac up to the router too. We were told by Circuit City employees, Linksys customer service reps, and my own cousin who is a pc genius told me that the Mac would work...

First problem is the cd that came with the router I can't get to work on the Mac. I was told by the Linksys customer service rep that we didn't need that, that I could manually configure the network to get the Mac to recognize the router.

Being I don't know my way arund Mac OS X, and we ran into a dead end, I figured I'd post here looking for as much insight as possible. Any input?

Wait...what is the iBook/Powerbook using for wireless? AirPort?

Describe this dead end a bit more. What have you tried, and works, what doesn't, and what do you have no idea how to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom